Do you want to buy a home in Osceola County? Do you need assistance with the down payment and costs to purchase your home? You have come to the right place. Osceola County received funding from the federal government to help people like you buy a home. These homes are purchased out of foreclosure by independent companies, renovated, and available for sale. The best part? The County will supplement your purchase, and you can buy these homes below cost. Even better? The County will give you up to 20% of the purchase price.
To qualify, a purchaser must meet the following criteria:
- Do not currently own a home and the home will be your primary residence.
- The purchaser must be a U.S. Resident and have a valid social security card and a valid government issued picture ID.
- Family members must be able to demonstrate employment history for the past 2 years, with a combined family income that is less than 120% of the median income of the County (see Max Income Limits).
- Contribute a minimum of $1,000 toward the price of the home. (Typical purchase requires $1,000-$2,500 in total down payment.)
- Purchaser’s monthly payments on current debt (credit cards, car payments, etc.), if any, must be less than 16% of gross income.
- Attend 8-hours of class time from a HUD certified Counselling Agent to learn about home ownership.
- Have a minimum credit score of 640, and be able to qualify for a loan with a bank.
- No one in the household has committed a felony within the past 5 years.
- The Purchaser must submit an NSP Application to Osceola County (see NSP Application)
A purchaser that meets all these requirements will be considered for the NSP program.